Friday, March 02, 2007

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!


The sun is shining and the sky is blue. It wasn’t that way when I woke up. It was snowing like crazy- About 8 inches of fresh snow fell at our house. Luckily, I like snow. My kids had a scheduled day off from school, and the plows, which usually hit our street around 6 AM hadn’t made a sweep yet, so I didn’t exactly rush out the door. I shoveled the driveway, played snowball with Daisy, took her for a walk around the block and let her play with the neighbor’s dog. The plows finally came around 9 so I thought I should head out. So now I’m at work, taking a break to eat a peanut butter sandwich, listening to some of my favorite music (Dan Fogelberg) on my headphones. You know what?, I feel good! I don’t know if it’s the fact that it’s so nice out, or that I got a nice, much needed workout while shoveling this morning, or maybe today’s break from my normal routine was just what I needed. Maybe it’s the fact that I removed my big snowboots and am wearing birkenstock sandals. The telemark skiers have this saying “Free the Heel and Mind will Follow”. Maybe that applies to wearing sandals in the winter as well. Regardless of the reason, it’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Can’t you just hear Mr Roger sing?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always left the room when Mr.R broke into song. My son loved him, but not me.
You described your day perfectly and it doesn't sound like it was just one thing that caused your heart to take flight; all those tiny nano-seconds in your morning came together. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh