Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Happy Pioneer Day!


What, it's not Pioneer Day where you live? Today is a state holiday here in Utah, celebrating the Mormon Pioneers arrival in Utah. As a non-Mormon living in Utah I feel pretty left out of the pioneer day festivities, but I'll never complain about a day off of work! I'm not sure god is favoring the pioneers today, because, to quote Pooh "Tut tut, it looks like rain". Or maybe he is shining on the pioneers as the bad weather has cooled things off a bit. It's nice to have temperatures of less than 100 degrees! It actually poured rain for a short while last night; I even had use my windshield wipers - I'd almost forgotten how to turn them on. I would welcome more rain! My gardens, which I worked so hard on this spring, are down right crispy!

So on my day off from work I'm trying to get caught up on a few things, including my blogging! I've been a bit distracted lately; I started an outdoor project a week ago or so. I decided to replace my kids decaying sand box with a goldfish pond. It'a not all quite done yet, but done enough that I can show off a little picture. I've been a little obsessed with the project, because I knew if I didn't actually bust my butt to get it done it would become a big dirt hole blighting my back yard and yet another badge of my advanced procrastination syndrome. It still needs some work, but here's the sneak preview:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Linda, if DH sees your pond he'll jump for joy and kiss you on the mouth! He wants one - bad!
It looks great and actually looks finished to me.

Ali said...

Wow, that gorgeous. And you did it in what, a week? Impressive. Best of luck with the finishing touches.