Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Duckies!!!!

Lets have an "Awww... so cute moment!!!!!" today. Aren't these ducklings just adorable? A couple or years ago my good friend brought home a little duckling as a pet. Why a duck? You know, I don't even remember, but this duckling, Mocha, became quite the quite the pampered family pet. To make a long story short, Mocha grew up and needed a friend and the next thing you know my friends had two more ducks and started digging out their backyard to install a pond, and fencing off a corner to keep predators away from the mew where the ducks sleep at night, then came a couple more ducklings to keep the first three company, then add a few more that needed to be rescued from a local park.... and well, my friends have a lot of ducks now. If I told all the duck stories you'd know why I now refer to my friend as the "Crazy Duck Man" of Canyon Rim.

I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when I took Daisy for a walk this weekend and stopped by to say hello and see my favorite ducks to find that Mocha, the grand matriarch of the duck clan, had hatched a clutch of ducklings. Actually I was a little surprised, because I'm pretty sure my friends wife had hit her "no more ducks" limit, but regardless, there they were, just as cute as can be, racing around in the water, exploring the pond.

Of course I had to go back with my camera, so thought I'd share.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your friend has been tagged as a "duck sucker."