Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Moon Baby...

Last week I was able to experience a bucket list item... A lunar eclipse; the 'blood moon' lunar eclipse on April 15th. I watched from the warmth of my hot tub, while drinking a glass of wine... What an incredible experience! Of course being the photo ho I am I eventually felt the need to leave the comfort on my hot tub and round up my camera, tripod ans telephoto lens to try to get some sort of picture.

I have been wanting to see a lunar eclipse since I missed a big one in 1989. My son Matt, AKA my 'moon baby' was born, 5 weeks early, that night. I always blamed the moon for his early arrival, that is until my daughter was born 5.5 weeks early sans lunar event and I realized I must just have a microwave womb. But I love the moon and am jazzed about having had eclipse baby. Am super jazzed to have finally seen and taken a few pictures of an eclipse last night....

I wish my photo were a little better, a little crisper. Even with a tripod it was hard to get a good shot with a 5-10 second exposure and a long lens. I should have read up a little on how to get a good picture... But all in all, not too bad for a last minute idea at nearly 1:30 in the morning, dripping wet in my hot tub robe.. yes, I'm crazy like that. And for anyone who is curious.. this was my moon baby's eclipse... http://www.nytimes.com/1989/08/15/science/lunar-eclipse-for-four-continents.html

No comments: