Friday, September 12, 2008

Running in the Rain

Last night I had another one of those "I wish I had my camera" moments. After dinner I decided to go for a jog. I went upstairs and put on my jogging attire, rounded up the dog and her leash, and stepped outside... into the rain. I'll swear it wasn't raining wen I went to change clothes, but sure enough the big black cloud that hung above mountains opened up. To the west the sun was bright, so it seemed like more of a sun shower than a rain storm, so I figured, what the heck, I'll take my chances with rain and run anyway.

As Daisy and I jogged through the neighborhood I glanced up at the mountains behind my house and saw the biggest rainbow I've ever seen. It started over at Parleys Canyon, made a perfect arc over the mountains and came down right at Millcreek Canyon. I have never before in my life been so sure I knew EXACTLY where the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow was. The rainbow brightened and eventually you could see a faint second rainbow above the first.

As I jogged down the hill I kept turning around to watch the rainbow. When I got about a mile down the hill the moon popped up over the mountaintops. (up at my house it was still hidden by the mountains). What a spectacular site! The mountain ridge lines crossing the stormy skyline. The huge rainbow arcing above the mountaintops. The nearly full moon tucked into the corner where the rainbow transected the ridge line. Positively gorgeous!! Too bad I don't take my camera on my jogs.

Today I'm highly recommending running in the rain!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No pic - too bad but you did a heck of a job describing it, chica. Thanks!

one-eared pig said...

That is a beautiful bead!