Monday, January 19, 2009

Today's Adventure...


My girlfriend, her daughter and a friend and I went on a fun adventure today. We headed up to Farmington Bay to look for bald eagles, which should be starting to migrate through en-mass. We're having a pretty nasty temperature inversion (pea soup level pollution - ugh) right now, but all that fog made beautiful ice crystals everywhere. It was beautiful despite the pollution and fact that we only saw one eagle. I took my good camera and borrowed my daughters new fisheye lens(my Christmas present to her), and quite by accident got some really neat shots... the accident was a wrong camera setting. I completely forgot to change the light setting from tungten (which I use for my bead pictures) to daylight, so all my pictures, except where I used the macro setting, came out in hues of blue. Pretty blues, which really worked with all the ice. Maybe not "realistic" but pretty cool. Of course when everything is already distorted from the fish eye effect, a little color alteration seems acceptable. The fisheye lens is fun to play with... I'm starting to wish I had one too.



4 comments:

Ellen said...

Great pics, Linda. Love the light, color and fish eye. When's your birthday? I think you should buy yourself a nice present - a fish eye.

Moi said...

Gorgeous pictures Linda!!!!

Unknown said...

GREAT PICTURES!!

Love the concept of the "error" on the white balance setting -- LOL. Some of the best results have come from "errors".

I agree with Ellewn -- you deserve a fish eye for your birthday. (Lens that is)

Unknown said...

I also can't spel! Sorry about that Ellen