Sunday, May 03, 2009

Rain, rain...

Go away. Come again some other day.....

I really don't mind rain, in fact, we really need it here, as Salt Lake only gets 16 inches a year. So in some ways a nice rainstorm is really a treat... but... NOT on the weekends. We have 5 out of 7 days to enjoy the rain, I'd much rather have it when I'm at work, not when I'd like to be working in my garden.

I ran to the store yesterday. When I went in, the sun had finally come out, when I came out, the sun was still out, but it was pouring rain again. I looked to the mountains for the rainbow and sure enough there was one. So rather than heading right home I thought I'd swing by Canyon Rim park in hopes of a photo op, and this is what I found. A rainbow always makes day.

2 comments:

one-eared pig said...

BEAUTIFUL picture!

Carol Clayton said...

GORGEOUS shot! We saw a beautiful rainbow when we were leaving the Super Pet Adoption on Saturday. My heart was breaking for those poor pets who waited in a veritable river of water for the right people to come by!