Monday, May 11, 2009

The Renn Faire

On Saturday some friends of mine and I headed up to Ogden to check out the Renaissance Festival. I've been curious about renaissance festivals ever since hearing my cousins back in Indiana talk about the one they attend back there. The festival here is pretty new, it's only in it's 4th year so I didn't expect much. I enjoyed he people demoing ancient crafts, like, blacksmithing and armor making. There were craft vendors and musicians, and many people wandering about the villages in period dress playing their parts. The court jester was wonderfull, extemely jovial and entertaining. The woman who played Queen Elizabeth did a positively stellar job. Joseph, the 10 year old son of one of the woman I went to the faire with, was quite fascinated by the queen. In her perfect old english accent she performed a ceremony and knighted Sir Joseph. He had a lot of questions for her and her answers amounted to quite a history lesson. She seemed very authentic, very entertaining and she really made Joseph a happy little boy.


2 comments:

Ellen said...

We've been to one Ren Fair here in MI that's quite fun. The entertainment is outstanding. It's a permanent fair and I think that makes a difference. They have themes throughout the summer. Scottish week, chocolate week, etc. Very fun.

Carol Clayton said...

Looks like you had a great time! I was in Ogden on Friday, LOL!