Saturday, August 14, 2010

The end of Minnestota...

Back to the Minnesots quaintness.... smack dab in the middle of my brothers town Minnitrista, is the tiny town of St. Bonnifacious. A tiny mile square town totally surrounded by Minnetrista. Main street sports 3 bars, a gunshop, a laundromat and a gas station. The St. Bonny ford dealership has been around since 1912, and it doesn't look like much has changed since then! The town also has the cutest little library that I have ever seen. What a quaint little step back in history.


Now for the less then quaint side of Minnesota we had to take our token shopping trip to the Mall of America. Sure enough, it was huge. So were the lego sculptures at the lego store. And yes there really is an amusement park in the middle of the mall. The mall was built on the site of the old Metropolitan stadium, where the Vikings and Twins once played. If you are observant you will find an old chair from the old stadium hanging high up on a wall overlooking the amusement park. According the wikipedea the seat is at the exact location (including elevation) that it occupied in the stadium, andto commemorates a 520 foot home run hit by hall-of-famer Harmon Killebrew on June 3, 1967. Interesting. I'm not exactly a mall rat so I found the place a bit overwhelming. Fun to see once, but not someplace I'll need to go see again.


2 comments:

Ellen said...

Thanks for the trip to the mall, Linda. Now I don't need to go. ha!

Linda Carol said...

Yup Ellen!! As we walked out to the massive parking garage I said to my brother:"Now we never have to do this ever again". He was quite the trooper waiting around as my daughter did some shopping... got some "Cool Uncle" points for sure.