Sunday, November 28, 2010

Let it Snow!

Thanksgiving week ended the way it began... snowy!
Sarah wanted snow while she was home, and she got it on both ends of her trip. I had to shovel the driveway before leaving to take her to the airport this morning, and the snow kept falling all day. After shoveling again tonight I decided it was a great time to walk the dog... I just love walking on a snowy night and so does Daisy. As we headed out onto the street, Daisy's friend Miley ran over to greet us, so I invited her along for the walk.

So the two happy dogs and I wandered the snow covered streets down to park, where I was able to let them off lead so they could really enjoy themselves. Turns out I'm not the only one who enjoys getting out in a snowstorm, the park was pretty busy for a dark snowy night, the dogs got to have a romp with a few new dog friends. I really enjoy watching the dogs play in the snow, they are just like joyful, happy children. I wonder what it is about snow that makes a dog so happy? You would think that from an evolutionary biology perspective snow would be a sign of hardship to a dog, I can't imagine winter is an easy time for an animal in the wild, yet many domestic dogs seem to really love the snow. It certainly brings out the puppy in my 10 year old dog.

My Daisy is the black dog, Miley is her yellow younger twin!

No comments: