Friday, March 04, 2011

Fishy Stuff...


I did a dreaded chore this week. I cleaned the fish tank. I am not a great fish mama. My intentions are always good when I set up the tank, but over time something happens, and next thing you know the algae is overtaking the tank and the fish start dying and I feel like an aquarium failure.

Needless to say I don't purchase expensive fish, mostly things like tetras and mollies and of course a beta. Before you say "You can't put a beta in a tank with other fish", I will assure you that "yes you can!". I always put a beta in my tank, and he's always happy, and clearly enjoys having the freedom to cruise the whole tank rather than a cup or little beta bowl.

Anyway I posted something on facebook about cleaning my tank, and a friend posted this link to a scene from Finding Nemo... a funny scene where the fish are suffering in a scummy fish tank. I have never seen the movie, but the movie sure depicted my tank prior to it's recent cleaning... right down to treasure chest!


1 comment:

one-eared pig said...

I love fish tanks, but I've never been brave enough to set one up.