Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fun Food...


Or small things that make me smile...
My daughter is home from college for spring break. In an attempt to be a good mom I asked her what she wanted me to cook for her when she was home, and one of the things on her list was black bean chili. Monday nights are my normal pottery studio night, and after Saturdays "Bowl-a-thon" for Empty Bowls I have plenty (13!! new bowls) to be working on. So I figured tonight would be a good chili night, as I could cook it in the crockpot all day, come home to a ready to eat dinner, and scurry off to the studio. But as they say, the best laid plans..... I came home to find that I didn't turn the crockpot knob quite to "low", so instead of cooking, my chili just sat all day. Sigh.

So rather than have a quick chili dinner we headed off to Cafe Med as that is another favorite that Sarah wanted when she was home. We ordered the spicy green curry, and a cup of soup. Spinach lentil soup, a favorite, guaranteed to be totally yummy. I was surprised when it came to the table and it was beautiful too, all artistically decorated with yogurt sauce. Such a small thing, but it really made me smile!

No comments: