Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Internet advertising...


I recently opened up a google email account (gmail) so I could have a less cluttered place to chat with some friends. To the right of the mail message there is aways a list of sponsored website links. (The hazard of free email accounts!) It didn't take me to long to realize that the weird thing about gmail is that it appears to "read" your mail, then target advertises those web sites to you based on key words it finds in your text. The other day I was conversing about my daughter and her need to get her drivers license... then I noticed one of the "sponsored links" was to a site called AreYouaSlackerMom.com! How in the world did they know??? My daughter thought I was slacker for not taking her on enough driving practice. Of course I had to click the link to "Are You a Slacker Mom?", where I found an online quiz. After taking the quick quiz then clicking past a barrage of potential advertisers wanting to give me their info, I found the answer... I'm NOT a slacker mom... it turns out I'm a Smarty Pants Mom!!! I wonder if my kids would agree?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Well, I think you're a smarty pants woman so I guess that makes you a smarty pants mom too.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
donnalyn said...

I believe you are a Smarty Pants Mom.

love,
little Sis Donna