Sunday, December 13, 2009

And so it begins...


Yup, this week was started the last year of 4th decade.... the countdown to the big 50.... the 20th anniversary of my 29th birthday!!! Na, not the last one I am one of those strange folks that doesn't mind sharing her age, or being her age... except when trying to mountain bike up hill... that's when I wish I was 29 again.

It was a good birthday... my sister sent my the lovely flowers in the picture (she knows I love Santa!), my friend Jason, daughter and I out to dinner, afterwards we had cake with my neighbor Val and her daughter Zoe. The cake was a yummy flourless chocolate torte made my baker extraordinaire daughter. If that wasn't sugar enough one of the grad students in my lab had made me cupcakes.... I think everyone wants me sweetened up.

Interestingly I don't think I've ever had so many birthday greetings... a card from my mom who never forgets... a cool bird feeder from a friend and tons of cyber-greetings. The internet is fun that way. Open a facebook account and everyone remembers your birthday!!!!

If all the birthday greetings weren't enough, mother nature sent my favorite gift... a snow storm!!! What more could a December girl want?!

3 comments:

Ellen said...

I had a blast when I turned 50. Celebrated for a week.
I'm glad you enjoyed your special day so much.

one-eared pig said...

I'm glad you had a great weekend!

Carol Clayton said...

I'm so sorry I missed your special day, Linda! As you might imagine, I've had my hands full with mom. We will go to that movie soon, though - I could definitely use a break, LOL!