Friday, December 18, 2009

My New Man....


So last Sunday we finally had a nice snow storm. Not "The Greatest Snow on Earth" like the old license plates say, but heavy, wet show. Definitely not powder snow.
As I was shoveling the snow off of the driveway it occured to me that it was great snowman snow, something we rarely have, so why not roll great big snowballs to get some of the snow off of my driveway. So I did, and rolled the first big ball to the front yard spot where I wanted my snowman. Then I rolled the second ball over.

Of course the problem is that hefting the second ball up on top of the first ball is a two person job, and I'm a single gal, and my daughter was off visiting her borfriend. So what to do? A ramp,I thought, I needed a ramp. I tried a snowboard, but that didn't work, it was too slippery. Then I spied my rickety old stepladder in the garage. It was perfect, I was able to roll my ball right up to where I wanted it. So see, a single gal can manage just fine on her own with a little innovation!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

You're a thinker, Linda, that's what you are. Great snow-guy.

one-eared pig said...

sexxaayyyy :) Love it