Friday, May 18, 2012

The worlds longest art gallery

Last weekend I had a great adventure; a camping trip to Nine Mile Canyon, the worlds longest art gallery, featuring the amazing rock art work of the Fremont Indians. Having driven by a zillion times on trips to Moab, this canyon has been on my hit list forever, so I was thrilled to finally get there. I was not disappointed! A little bit of looking found petroglyphs everywhere; along the road, high on cliffs back in the canyons. It was fun to speculate about what they meant and what life was like there a thousand years ago. Since it's the worlds longest art gallery, this may be my longest post, because I couldn't pick just a few petroglyph pictures to share so here are most of them!

























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that your trip was good and that your post was long. The photos are magical.