Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Birds and the Bees

One of the weirder things in my life is that I have a profile on freebie on-line dating site. It doesn't say much and is more a joke than a real attempt at dating, but sometimes it's amusing. Last week, out of the blue, I had nine different guys contact me. Not that they say much, usually just something like "Hey, whatcha doing?", which I tend to ignore, although occasionally someone will try to start a real conversation and I will chat back. Nine contacts may be more contacts than I've had in the entire time I've had a profile there. I also got a bunch of those weird scam myspace messages from guys across the country who are sure I am their soulmate (yeah, right, ha ha, no, I'm not a sucker for a scammer!!!!)

I was talking to my daughter about this, pondering what was in the air that suddenly caused all these guys to contact me. She gave me that "aren't you dumb?" look and said "Duhhhh... it's mating season, birds do it, bees do it, guys want to do it."

Ahhhh life lessons from a 17 year old... perhaps she's right?

3 comments:

one-eared pig said...

Gorgeous beads!

one-eared pig said...

And yes, your daughter is right. :)

Carol Clayton said...

She may be on to something!