Thursday, May 01, 2008

Happy May Day!


A snowy May Day here in Salt Lake City. I awoke to an inch or so of white fluff covering my yard this morning. Had to actually scrape ice from my windshield and use my wipers on the way to work this morning as it is still snowing like crazy. Big fluffy flakes meandering down from the sky! I did take some pictures of my lovely tulips blanketed in white; hopefully some will be post worthy when I get a chance to down load them. Speaking of tulips, I planted quite a few new ones last fall. Interesting new colors and varieties compared to the rather standard red and yellow onwe that make up most of my current blooms. I've been *patiently* waiting for my new ones to raise their heads, but todays snow has reminded me that I *think* I may have chosen later blooming varieties. More years than not I've awoken on a spring day to find my blooms buried in the snow, hopefully my late bloomers will prove to be good choices.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

A question rather than a comment today.
What is the "tygogal said" on the left of your comment screen? It says "see please here" When I clicked on it, an anti-virus screen popped up and wanted me to continue on and install their "cleaner."
I didn't do it because I've scared and suspicious by nature. Got a clue?