Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The smells of spring...

Last night I was really tired so after dinner I veged out in front of the TV. Eventually I fell asleep on the couch. About 1 AM I woke up; I'm not sure if the smell woke me, or if I just happened to wake up, but the house reeked of Eu d' skunk. In my grogginess I saw that Oreo, my cat, was with me on the couch, but Daisy, who is most always sleeping on the floor next to the couch, was no where to be found. I panicked. Did I leave her outside in the back yard and fall asleep? I checked the front yard and the backyard- no Daisy. "Crap" I thought... she's off playing with the skunk... one of my worst fears is that the dog will get skunked when I let her out at night. It's happened before, and believe me, I never want it to happen again! I was now finally awake and I checked the house one more time, and this time I found Daisy, upstairs, laying next to Sarah's bed. I must have missed her amongst the all the crap on Sarah's floor the first time I looked. Thank Goodness!!!! She was not the one out playing with skunks!

I was pretty amazed at how much skunk smell permeated my home through all the closed windows. There was still skunk smell lingering in the air out on the street after work today. The neighbors dog didn't get sprayed either, so I'm confused why the smell was so strong. All I know is I'm so thankful that I didn't need to be outside at 1 AM with the hose and baking soda and peroxide.... this time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Linda - you're the science nerd; can't you find out why skunk smell hangs around for so frigging long? Molecular structure? Magic? Find out, chica, and let us all know - PLEASE!!!