Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!!!

Noon on the 4th of July.... and I have been having a nice day. I decided to spend the morning with my computer at my coffee shop. I thought I get some pictures edited and and mail written with out the distractions of home. Silly me, instead of home distractions I had coffee shop distractions, but that of course was a "good thing" (insert my finest Martha Stewart voice here).

I said "my" coffee shop, but as you may guess it's not mine, it's just the one 2 miles down the hill I stop at every morning on the way to work. I've lost track of how many years I've been a customer there, but it's been long enough that the shop has gone through 2 owners and countless baristas, and it feels like home to me so I call it "my" coffee shop. I usually stop for a few moments in the morning on the way to work, and being a "regular" I've become friends with many of the other regulars. Hanging out this morning was nice because I got to visit with so many of my coffee shop friends, some I haven't bumped into in a while. Randy, Jack, Jean and Jean, Jeremiah, Oliver, Dan, that nice couple from the neighborhood who's names I always forget, Lance the owner....who have I left out?... so much for working without distraction!!!!!!!!! What a pleasant way to spend the morning. It's really nice to have a day where I can just slow down, enjoy myself, sip coffee, work on my computer. It's too bad I can't do this more often... so do I want another cup of coffee now?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We just got back from "our" restaurant so I know exactly what you mean.