Saturday, May 03, 2014

Big Brother is watching...

Now this is interesting... I checked my blog stats yesterday, and look and see who has looked at my blog... That's right, the Office of the Secretary of the Department of the Interior. Apparently, what ever they were querying for, my blog came up 11th in their search. I guess this means that Big Brother REALLY is watching... and I suppose I should develop some sort of conspiracy theory to explain why they were looking at my obscure little blog.

I'm not sure what they google searched for, as google no longer gives out this information for logged in members. Blog stats were more interesting when I could look at key words and see how people found me... I was often found by people wanting to know if maraschino cherry's caused cancer, or how to dress like an artist, or people interested in the octopus ride at he carnival. Now I can rarely see how I'm found... though despite my need to find a grand conspiracy theory to explain why the US government is looking at my blog, I suppose the most parsimonious explanation is that I was posting about the Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge. I sure hope they enjoyed my pictures!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are still not paranoid?

Linda Carol said...

LOL... not really... nothing to hide!

Cee2SLC said...

Don't forget that there are actual "people" who work in offices like the office of the Secretary of the Department of Interior. Maybe they googled something on their lunch hour that brought your site up. And "Bolimasa" is an interesting name. For example, I got to your blog post here because you had commented on a Vanity Fair article (about conspiracies), and I thought "hmmm, Bolimasa... that sounds familiar." If anything, conspiracy theories are often a reaction to the bewildering randomness of the world :)