Friday, August 17, 2007

My baby....


I am finding this incredibly hard to believe, but as of about 11:58 last nigh I am the mother of an 18 year old. I will swear I just birthed that adorable boy the other day, but here he is, 18 years old, a high school graduate, ready to head off to college next week. I guess it's it time to turn the page to a new chapter in life, for both he and I.

The picture of him is one taken in front of the Morrison Hotel In New York City. A fitting spot since his last name is Morrison and he's a big fan of Jim Morrison and the doors. He and a few buddies went to New York for an after graduation trip. Rather than seeking out all of the typical tourist activities they looked for places like the Morrison Hotel and really cool places to skateboard. It was fun to see his vacation pictures - lots of shots of skateboarding under New York City's finest bridges and viaducts with kids from the city. I glad I have a boy who know what HE likes to do and can go anywhere and be at home!

Happy Adulthood Matt!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cool pic and what a cool lookin' young man.

Anonymous said...

I have an almost five year old boy and I could feel he is slipping away from the cradle of my arms. I dread the day he leaves to go to college. But I guess I have to learn to let go. Our kids will always be our babies in our eyes.