Thursday, September 06, 2007

The perils of sleeping...


Am I the only person who can mange to injure myself in my sleep? I have been miserable for two days due to a sleeping accident. I must have slept in a funny position or used the wrong pillow or something weird because I woke up Tuesday with the worst crick in my neck. Agony when ever I moved my head, worse yet when I turn my head to the left. You sure never realize how often you turn your head, especially when driving the car until you have a bad neckache. Of course I had to get the last parking space at work, one I had to parallel park my way in to ... OUCH! ... and leaving work a road was closed because of an accident so I had do do a bunch of merging in traffic... double ouch! Yesterday wasn't much better, on top of the neckache I had a killer headache. All this from SLEEPING! Maybe I should be happy I'm normally an insomniac!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got out of bed one night for a bathroom run and when I put my foot on the floor it felt like a cramp in the arch of my foot. Didn't really hurt all that much, though, and I went to the bathroom and got back in bed - no prob. The next morning when I got up I couldn't walk! I didn't turn my foot; still don't understand what happened but I made up some really cool stories about how I injured my foot because "getting out of bed" sounded way too old.

Linda Carol said...

I know it! It's so much better to say I hurt my self after ascending the 12000 ft mountain peak or something more adventurous!

Now you have to tell your "stories"!

Anonymous said...

I had several stories but my favorite one was that I wasn't paying attention when coming in for a landing while hang gliding and rolled my ankle.

donna said...

Linda: I once read about a woman who fell out of bed and permanently paralyzed herself from the neck down. I also read about a woman who danced herself into a two year series back pain.