Saturday, May 03, 2008

Spring..

Here a few of the pictures I took on my May day morning. A lovely little spring snow storm. It snowed on and off all day, but by the time I returned home from work the snow had all melted away. It has been decidedly more springlike the last two days. I was thrilled to to my first hummingbird of the season this week. The cool thing about the hummers is that you always hear them first, then you see them darting around the yard. Yesterday, Lazuli Buntings started visiting my yard. They are such a beautiful bird, I hope they stick around all summer. I also wish it was as easy to take pictures of my backyard birds as it is to snap shots of my flowers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't decide if your pics make me happy that spring is here - finally - or frustrated to see flowers covered in snow.
Holland, MI is just beginning their Tulip Festival and it's always scary to see if the tulips will live through it. Often times it gets too cold for them. So far they're looking like they are going to make it.

donnalyn said...

I love your house. I wish I could find something with that kind of character...they build the ugliest houses in Cincinnati.

Love,
Donna

RobO said...

hello i can alllllmost smell them from iheada ho