Friday, June 13, 2008

Talkin' about the weather...


Yeah, yeah, talkin' 'bout the weather.... so boring, I know. But this spring has had the strangest weather I can remember. I think we have had a rain storm, or two or three every week. I have yet to turn my sprinklers on, quite unusual for this time of year. It has also been cool, more often than not. I normally have this "rule" that I don't wear long pants (unless I'm camping high in the mountains) between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Well, this year, unless I wore a skirt, I've worn pants to work every day since Memorial Day. I don't think I've ever done that before!

A question about this spring: has the wet weather increased flower, and thus pollen, production? Hmmm, I suppose I should ask my allergy prone friends. I'm not sure if it is because of the cool air, or if there is more pollen in the air, but this spring has been as olfactory delight. The air has been intoxicating, thick and fragrant. Mornings nave been especially lovely, I find myself standing in my yard, drinking in the air, thinking how wonderful it is just to stand there and breathe! A nice way to start the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely pics, Linda. It's been an unusual spring here in MI too. We seem to be on a roller coaster, though. Really hot and muggy one day and then cool and breezy the next. We've certainly had our share of rain as well.