Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!


I've been playing around with some new artys-fartsy stuff lately. Paint/mixed media/collage. Paulette Insall, a lampwork beadmaker (former?) who's beads I always admired, started painting mixed media pictures that I really liked. I may not have great drawing/painting skills, but I bet I may be able to have fun learning to paint similar abstrast, colorful backrounds. I've been thinking about trying this for a while, then a few months ago I received the "signs" that it was time to try painting. First, Sarah wanted to paint a picture for a friend. Then I stumbled upon the book Taking Flight: Inspiration + Techniques to Give Your Creative Spirit Wings (on sale!), by Kelly Rae Roberts, which looked pretty promising as an instructional book. So, I bought the book and more paints and started playing around.

I like to work small, so I've been making inspiration cards in ACEO size. For some odd reason, perhaps because I like reds?, some of my first few were heart themed, so It seems appropriate to show them on Valentine's day,(or as the day is known to some of us, Singles Awareness Day! (S.A.D.)). Single or not, love is always a good sentiment, so I am posting these as my cyber-Valentines to all my cyber friends!!!!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

I like this stuff you're playing with. I believe you're onto something, chica!

Anonymous said...

Your cards are gorgeous! I, too, really loved Paulette's lampwork (I own several of her beads), and was surprised when she switched media - but her paintings are lovely and I'm toying with taking her next on-line class, LOL! We seem to have very similar taste, Linda! Carol