Saturday, April 28, 2007

Check in....


Geez, I guess I've been a bit remiss in the blogarama world lately. I've been nursing a headache all week. I don't know if I'm getting sick like Sarah was a week ago, or if I'm suddenly allergic to something, or just stressed or what; either way, it hasn't made for a terribly productive week. But I guess that's enough whining for now.

My big news for the week is that after his trip last weekend to check out the school, Matt has decided he wants to go to college at Ft. Lewis College in Durango, Colorado. Matt is interested in video editing and photography, and the program there seems stronger than what's offered at Westminster College here in Salt Lake, his other school choice. The proximity to mountain biking and skiing may have have helped aid in his decision. He was was jazzed to see the dorm rooms all have bicycle hooks... definitely his kind of place.

Now I just have to get used to the idea of my baby moving away in the fall. I know experiencing new people and places is a valuble part of college life and will be good for Matt, but I know I'm going to miss him. Poor Sarah is sad he's going away to school, but she'll get used to the idea. I am truly blessed that my kids love each other and are really good friends. A mom can't ask for much more.



So what do you think of this little red car? It's the rental that the insurance company paid for for 10 days while we looked for a replacement for Matt's wrecked car. It funny they gave us red, since all our cars are red. I like little cars, so I had fun driving it instead of the "bus" (for hauling teens) I normally drive. My favorite part about using this car for the week was the comment Sarah made when she first:

"It looks like a car that five clowns should come out of!"

She and her friends laughed whenever we drove it somewhere. To be honest. I've always loved clowns so I thought it fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the headache, Linda. Been there and done that too many times to count.
Hey, I like the "clown car" too. I can just see you zipping around corners and darting into parking lots.

Unknown said...

I have a little yellow car just like that that i love to drive, and I am the only "clown" that comes out of it! :)